A new issue of PsycCRITIQUES is available online.
- If you would like subscription information, please go to http://www.apa.org/pubs/databases/psyccritiques/.
- If you have a subscription to the product and experience any access problems, please go to http://techhelp.apa.org.
February 6, 2013
Volume 58, Issue 6
Book Reviews 1. Handbook of Psychology (2nd ed.)
Author: Irving B. Weiner (Editor-in-Chief)
Reviewer: Alan E. Kazdin
2. Inventing Intelligence: How America Came to Worship IQ
Author: Elaine E. Castles
Reviewer: Robert J. Sternberg
3. Sex Differences in Cognitive Abilities (4th ed.)
Author: Diane F. Halpern
Reviewer: Shen Zhang
4. Psychology at the Movies
Author: Skip Dine Young
Reviewer: Sherry Lynn Hatcher
5. The Psychological Wealth of Nations: Do Happy People Make a Happy Society?
Author: Shigehiro Oishi
Reviewer: Rebecca Selove
6. The Oxford Handbook of Culture and Psychology
Author: Jaan Valsiner (Ed.)
Reviewers: Judith L. Gibbons, Regina Fanjul de Marsicovetere, Paola García-Egan, and Ruby Batz
7. Becoming Achilles: Child-Sacrifice, War, and Misrule in the Iliad and Beyond
Author: Richard Holway
Reviewer: Spyros D. Orfanos
8. The Global Fourth Way: The Quest for Educational Excellence
Authors: Andy Hargreaves and Dennis Shirley
Reviewer: Thomas Oakland
Film Review 9. Hitchcock
Director: Sacha Gervasi
Reviewers: Marlene M. Eisenberg and Michael B. Blank