| || || |
|School Neuro News: January/February, 2012|| |
| || |
| What's new from www.schoolneuropsych.com? A message from Daniel C. Miller, Ph.D., ABPP, ABSNP, NCSP || || |
| || || || || || || |
| |After a year's work, KIDS, Inc. was pleased to launch a new version of the www.schoolneuropsych.com website, The look and feel of the website has been enhanced. For registered users on the previous site, your username and password have changed. If you did not receive an email from us with your new login information let me know (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Many of the new features are invisible to our users but are designed to make us more productive and to help us manage your interactions with our company. We are now offering credit card payments for Alumni Website Renewals and for making deposits and payments for the School Neuropsychology Training Program and the Summer Institute.
Two new paid CE/CPD Modules were added to the website. Dr. Elaine-Fletcher Janzen has a 4 hour webinar on the Neuropsychology of Chronic Illness (with a focus on diabetes, asthma, and seizure disorders). I would also highly recommend that you invite your school psychologist colleagues to view Dr. Flanagan's updated webinar or Dr. Hale's webinar, both of which address how to use neuropsychological assessment to identify patterns of strengths and weaknesses in children suspected of having specific learning disabilities.
Take time to visit the revised www.schoolneuropsych.com website and bookmark it to keep up with new trainings and resources related to school neuropsychology.
July 11-13, 2012 School Neuropsychology Summer Institute Speakers Finalized
Wednesday, July 11, 2012
- Full Day Preconference Workshop: Dr. George McCloskey - Understanding Executive Functions: From Theories, Assessment, and Interventions
- Keynote Presentation: Drs. Alan and Nadeen Kaufman and Dr. Elaine Fletcher-Janzen - The Role of Cognitive Assessment in Intervention Planning: Historical to Contemporary Practices
Thursday, July 12, 2012
- Dr. Margaret Semrud-Clikeman - Nonverbal Learning Disabilities: In the Eye of the Beholder?
- Using neuropsychology processing deficits to identify Specific Learning Disabilities: Oregon Models - Jim Hanson and Karen Apgar
- Dr. David Schwartz - Making School Neuropsychological Reports Relevant to Curriculum and Instruction
- Dr. Jack Naglieri - Using PASS Neurocognitive Theory and Cognitive Assessment System: From Evaluation to Instruction
Friday, July 13, 2012
- Dr. Christopher G. Vaughan - Concussion Recognition and Response
- Dr. Sam Goldstein - Executive Functions and Childhood Disorders: New Assessments and Interventions
- Drs. Erin Avirett and Jordana Mortimer - Updates on Executive Functioning: How to Incorporate the Most Recent Literature on Executive Functioning into Practice
- Dr. Daniel C. Miller - Update on the School Neuropsychology Conceptual Model and School Neuropsychology Report Shell
Check all of the Summer Institute details at http://www.schoolneuropsych.com/conferences/index.php?id=6.
Online Registration Starts March 1, 2012
| || || || || |
New California Board of Behavioral Sciences CE Provider
KIDS, Inc. has been approved by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences to provide continuing education. This will specifically be helpful to those professional who are California Licensed Educational Psychologists (LEPs).
Share this Newslette with your friends
schoolneuropsych.com is a Division of KIDS, Inc. that specializes in quality training in the emerging specialization of school neuropsychology.
If you have received this newsletter from a friend and would like to be added to the mailing list to receive future issues, click here.
Use buttons to share this information with your friends:
| || || || || |
Post a Comment