ACT and the Center for Advanced Studies in Measurement and Assessment (CASMA) of the University of Iowa are sponsoring a one-day conference on Saturday, November 5, 2005, at ACT's conference facilities in Iowa City.
A Keynote Address will be given by Laura Schwalm, Superintendent, Garden Grove Unified School District, Orange County, CA, winner of the 2004 Broad Prize for Urban Education.
Sessions and speakers include:
- (1) Welcome (Richard Ferguson, CEO, ACT; David Skorton, President, University of Iowa)
- (2) K-12 Testing and NCLB (Robert Linn, University of Colorado and CRESST)
- (3) Computerized Grading of Essays (eRater; KAT; Vantage Learning)
- (4) NAEP 12th Grade Testing (Sharif Shakrani, National Assessment Governing Board; Ted Stilwill, former Director of Iowa Department of Education)
- (5) Non-cognitive Assessment in College Admissions and the Workforce (Robert Sternberg, Yale; Michael Campion, Purdue; Paul Sackett, University of Minnesota).
- (6) Panel Discussion on a "Hot Topic"
- (7) Reception
The registration fee is $50 (includes breakfast, lunch, and reception). The registration deadline is October 7, 2005. To register starting June 6, and to obtain travel and hotel information, go to http://www.act.org/casma.
Contributing sponsors include the College Board, CTB/McGraw Hill, Harcourt Assessment, Measured Progress, National Evaluation Systems, Riverside Publishing Company, and Vantage Learning.
Post a Comment